“Vision to excite and empower learners to enjoy, shape and enrich our changing world, inspired by the Gospel of Jesus Christ…”
“honouring the past …
Inhabiting the present …
Imagining the future…”
At OLHOC we believe that the essential focus of our school is the overall development of each child in accordance with the needs and potential of the individual. As such, we strive to provide a curriculum that will enable the child to grow in the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values necessary to become a spiritual, well integrated, secure, self-disciplined person, confident and able to contribute to the betterment of themselves, society and the environment in which we live.
Learning and Teaching – is the core activity of our school. Quality learning and teaching at OLHOC aims:
- To foster the full potential of all students, academically, socially, emotionally, spiritually and physically to live in a changing society
- To foster an atmosphere where students will enjoy relationships and learning
- To teach students to think and work both independently and cooperatively
- To develop the ability to think critically and make decisions
- To develop self-discipline through firm, loving discipline throughout the school
- To encourage students to work to the best of their ability
- To cultivate and demonstrate attitudes and behaviours showing care and concern for others, who are less able academically or socially; the environment; the country and the world in which we live
- To facilitate students’ abilities to evaluate and use appropriate technology and educational materials in all areas of the core curriculum
- To help students to develop a positive self-image through a realistic understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses.
- To promote an environment that fosters respect for self and others.