May I take this opportunity to welcome you and your family to our school. We hope this will be the beginning of a long and lasting association with Our Lady Help of
Christians School. We are here to support you as the first educators of your children. We trust that you will always feel welcome. As we work together for the education
of children, let us hope that the time will be spent in co-operation and mutual support.
Each child and parent wishing to enrol in this school must strive to uphold the values of this school, must participate in the religious education program and must agree to
becoming a part of a community of learners, who are seeking knowledge of this world and of its Creator.
Seven defining features of future Catholic Schools in the Cairns Diocese have been identified as follows. At OLHOC we will strive to:
- Be a place of authentic evangelisation where faith and life are one
- Celebrate God’s abundant and abiding presence in all Creation
- Be a community nourished by life giving relationships
- Be welcoming to all who seek to share in our life
- Be a centre of vital, holistic learning
- Be a place of self-renewal and sower of change
- Build constructive covenants with all partners
I look forward to your support in all educational endeavours at Our Lady Help of Christians School.